Doesn’t it feel like October flew by? I find myself asking that at the end of every month this year, can’t believe it’s already holiday season! And though we’re already a few days in to November, I thought I’ll reminisce about last month by sharing by a few of my favorites.
1. Say You Love Me by Jessie Ware: This song came on Spotify during a commercial and I immediately went to Jessie Ware’s page to listen to it and fell in love. I had never heard the song prior to this, but something about it sounded very familiar. So I looked it up and learned that Ed Sheeran (who I’m a massive fan of) co-wrote the song and some of his vocals are actually in the background! This made me adore the song even more; such a heartfelt song with a powerful melody.
2. Cole Haan Booties: These were a great find (I believe they were from last season) at Nordstrom Rack. They quickly became a fall staple; they’re even making their way in to November. They are quiet comfortable and give a bit of height, what’s not to love? Find similar ones HERE and HERE.
3. Urban Decay Naked 3 eyeshadow palette: When this palette came out earlier this year I jumped on the bandwagon and got my hands on one, the only problem was that I never really used it. In October I really got into experimenting with eyeshadows (which I rarely wear) and this palette really surprised me with its pink toned hues. My go-to eye look at the moment is Nooner mixed with Factory in the outer corner and through the crease and a bit of Darkside at the bottom lash line.
4. “The Husband’s Secret” by Liane Moriarty: This book was on the New York Times best seller list and I definitely see why, it is amazing! It starts off with three separate story lines that cross paths to create a contorted page-turner. It’s a fiction novel that by the end has you rethinking the various paths life could take. I first discovered Liane Moriarty when I was sent her book as part of the Birchbox Book Club and after reading her latest book “Big Little Lies”, I knew I had to read this one and it definitely did not disappoint.
5. Starbucks’ White Chocolate Mocha: I’ve never been a hot coffee drinker, but this drink definitely changed that this season. I always wait for the holiday season to come around and the Caramel Brulee Latte to join the Starbucks menu, so I’m glad I found a drink that’s on the menu all year around. Not sure why I didn’t discover it sooner. It’s sweet, creamy, with a slight hint of coffee - just perfect!
6. Benefit They’re Real Push-Up Liner: I had read many mixed reviews about this eyeliner pen, but it wasn’t until I attended an event hosted by Benefit and Birchbox that I finally got my hands on one (and I’m glad I did). Benefit did a tutorial on how to best apply eyeliner with this pen and it was really helpful. It takes the hassle out of using gel liner, no need for a brush, it's all in one pen simple and fabulous.
Be sure to let me know what some of your October favorites were!