A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to attend a Birchblogger breakfast with Birchbox and RITUALS; it was such a great experience. Not only did I get to meet fellow bloggers and eat a tasty breakfast (the pistachio macaroons were the best!), but I also learned about RITUALS Cosmetics and their philosophy behind their products.
RITUALS is a European home and body company that promotes the enjoyment of life's simple pleasures. They make every day experiences luxurious by providing low cost products. Their philosophy of enjoying the small things in life by using ancient rituals to create a balance is wonderful idea (which in my opinion is a genius idea). The products are considered vegan, though they do not identify themselves as such. RITUALS attributes it's success to using the best ingredients for their products, which can definitely be felt when they are used.
In addition to bath and body products RITUALS also has skincare and home products (definitely will be reviewing their candles in the future).
I was able to try out some great products, which not only smelled incredible but also felt amazing on the skin. There's six different scent lines:
- Ayurveda: The Ayurveda scent is composed of Indian and sweet almond oil. This line promotes inner harmony that brings natural beauty and it smells beyond amazing! It also happens to be my favorite scent out of all the lines (the pink packaging might have to do something with it).
- Laughing Buddha: Based on a story about a laughing monk, this line has a light citrus scent with mandarin and Chinese Yuzu. Fun fact: This collection was included in the Golden Globes gift bags.
- Hamman: The Hamman collection reminds me of a spa, very relaxing and soothing. This scent consist of mint and rosemary.
- Sakura: This collections encourages to enjoy the small moments in life by incorporating rice milk and cherry blossoms to it's scent.
- Tatsu: Targeted towards men, this collection incorporates bamboo and mint.
- Tao: Best seller at Barneys New York, this scent consist of white lotus and green tea.
What I love about all the collection is the simplicity of their design and the relaxing scents that are not overwhelming, it's very well crafted.
Overall, it was such an amazing and informational event; everyone was so excited to be there and the staff was incredibly nice. Be sure to check out RITUALS Cosmetics and stop by if you're in the neighborhood!
What are your favorite pampering products to use?