Every time the season changes I find myself saying the same thing “I can’t believe how fast the year is going” and I truly meant it. I remember the first day of summer like it was yesterday, so it’s a bit mind blowing that it is already autumn (or fall, whichever you prefer).
Though my favorite season is summer, I’m glad to take a break from the heat. There is something quite special about this season, I am not sure if it’s the changing of the leaves or just knowing the holidays will soon be here, but it brings a great sense of joy.
I first saw this tag on makeupsavvy and I thought it would be fun to share my answers with you, so here it is:
1. Ok we're talking coffee's - what's your favorite seasonal drink from Starbucks/Costa/Cafe Nero etc? Probably not the best start to this tag haha. I’m not the biggest fan of hot drinks; I used to be a big tea drinker in college, but not anymore. If I had to choose I would have to say a caramel macchiato from Starbucks with an extra pump of simple syrup (I like my coffee to be extra sweet).
2. Accessories - what do you opt for, scarf, boots, gloves? To say I have an obsession with scarves is an understatement. I’ve been collecting them since I was in high school. Doesn’t matter the season I always have one on hand whether it’s part of my outfit or stuffed in handbag. You can never own too many scarves, definitely my staple item.
3. Music - what's your favorite music to listen to during Autumn? My music taste doesn’t really change throughout the year, unless it’s Christmas then it’s holiday music all the way. I’m currently still playing Ed Sheeran’s “X” album on repeat, it came out this summer, but I just can’t seem to get over it (it's so good!). He also just released an EP titled “Don’t” – “Friends” is my favorite track on it.
4. Perfume - what's your favorite scent for this time of year? My favorite scent of all time is Flowerbomb by Victor & Rolf. I pretty much wear this scent all year; I mix in a few different ones here and there, but it’s mainly Flowerbomb.
5. Candles - what scents will you be burning this season? I LOVE burning candles. Sweet scents are my favorite, so candy apple and marshmallow are my go to candle scents in the cooler months.
6. What do you love most about autumn? I must admit autumn is not my favorite season, I prefer warmer weather all year around. With that being said, I love wearing scarves and booties, they are my fall must haves. All the fall activities are also quiet enjoyable – pumpkin picking, hay rides, Halloween, baking apple pies; can’t get enough of them!
7. Favorite makeup look? One thing I love about autumn is that you can put on a full face of makeup and not worry about it melting off (which is beyond amazing). My favorite look would have to be a subtle smokey eye using neutral colors, lots of mascara for fantastic lashes, and a light wash of a deeper berry-tone matte lipstick (though on most days I stick to a nude lipstick).
8. What are you looking forward to most in autumn? Aside from the activities, definitely autumn television. I know it sounds odd, but the lineup for TV shows in the fall is much better than in the summer (in my opinion). A few of my favorites are Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal, White Collar, and Modern Family.
What are your favorite things about autumn? Feel free to share your answers to the tag below!