And just like that it’s July, and it feels like summer is just flying by. Here’s a look at a few of my favorites from last month:
1. MAC eye shadow in ‘Tempting’: While cleaning out my makeup drawer I rediscovered this gem of a shadow. It’s a shimmery bronze shade which does not look like much in the pan, but it is beyond beautiful when applied on the eyelids. My go to look with this shadow is to use a tapered blending brush and blend through the crease, concentrating on the outer corners and then add a subtle winged liner.
2. H&M Circle-Skirt Dress: I’m obsessed with this dress! It’s an amazing fit and such a pretty pattern. My favorite things about this dress are the small details such as the uneven hem line on the skirt and the exposed zipper on the back. Definitely a must have this summer.
3. Sunday Riley Good Genes Treatment: I am the first to admit that I’m a bit skincare crazy. I love trying new things and am constantly on the search for the “perfect” product; and in my opinion this is as close to perfection as it gets (when it comes to serums). It does an amazing job of fading my acne marks and keeping my skin clear without irritation, kind of like magic in a bottle. Look out for a future post where I will review this product in more depth.
4. Fresh Fragrance in Hesperides Grapefruit: In a tweet I described this scent as “brunch on a sunny day”; it’s truly ta great summer scent. It smells exactly like grapefruit with a hint of sugar. I never tried any Fresh fragrances before so I was surprised by how amazing they all smelled. The only downside is that the scent tends to fade quite quickly.
5. Twizzlers Pull ‘n’ Peel Candy in Cherry: It’s no secret that I could live on just candy if it was possible, so it’s no surprised that I included a sweet item in my faves. I’ve had these many times growing up, but lately is all I’ve been reaching for (maybe is because they are fun to play with - I promise I’m an adult). Their cherry flavor and “pull ‘n’ peel” feature make them great for snacking. Now only if they were not so addictive…
6. L’Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Rock Mascara: Mascaras have to be my favorite beauty product of all time; I usually have like ten different tubes on rotation at any given time. I randomly picked this up at the drugstore and was blown away by how great it is. It’s a bold formula that coats each lash and amplifies the volume while providing a bit of length. Definitely a mascara to create statement lashes. However, I will add that if you’re a fan of lots of separation and length, this might not be the mascara for you.
Hope you enjoyed my June favorites and read about something you wanted to try or pick up. Feel free to let me know what your some of your June favorites were.