The countdown to the most exciting holiday has started, but November was filled with tons of great things, here are a few of my favorites:
1. Ciate London Chloe Morello beauty haul makeup set: Chloe Morello is an Australian youtuber whose content is beauty focused. I’ve been watching her videos for a couple years now and been patiently (anxiously) waiting for this set to be released since the date she announced it. I was most excited for the palette whose color selection was curated by Chloe and knew it would be amazing, and it definitely did not disappoint! I honestly have nothing bad to say about the palette or the rest of the set, it’s amazing. Check out a more in-depth review of the set here.
2. OFRA Cosmetics eyebrow pencil in universal: This was one unexpected favorite; I received this eyebrow pencil in one of those monthly subscription boxes months ago, but never got around to trying it. Then I ran out of my usual holy grail eyebrow pencil (Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in dark brown) and had no choice but to use what I had which was this beauty. Let me just say it was not my favorite pencil to start with, it was much waxier than what i’m used to and had to be sharpen after each use. Then for some reason I kept forgetting to purchase my usual eyebrow pencil and almost a whole pencil later, I love it! The waxier formula took some getting used to but I realized I didn’t need eyebrow setting gel after and the sharpening was not really a con after all. I will say it is easy to go to heavy on your brows with this product so use a light hand, but other than that I’m really glad I tried it. I still prefer my holy grail eyebow pencil, but i’m having fun trying something new and actually just ordered a new one of these.
3. Sephora Collection solid brush cleanser: This was one of those impulse purchases from the miniature products at the checkout line in Sephora and I’m glad I picked it up. This brush cleanser deep cleans brushes (and sponges) really well and leaves a faint sweet almond scent which I absolutely love. I’m a big fan of the beautyblender solid cleanser, but don’t love the smell cause it’s just like plain soap; this does just as good a job, smells great, and it’s a few dollars cheaper.
4. Matt & Natt brave backpack: As I travel more throughout the years I realized I prefer travelling with a backpack instead of a large tote bag, it’s just more comfortable. I’ve had my eye on this backpack for a while, but never actually got around to purchasing it until recently and it’s already proven to be one of the best purchases I’ve made this year. It’s the perfect size for travelling; it fits everything I need with room to spare. The straps are incredibly comfortable and the design is simple and very appealing – overall the quality of the materials/fabrics used is really good. I have it in the carbon color and it comes in a few other colors, making it ideal for anyone’s preference.
5. Pilot FriXion clicker erasable gel pens: I adore stationary and office supplies, it’s one of those random things that I truly enjoy. I’ve been on the hunt for a good erasable pen for ages, I used to use something similar to this a few years back when I was studying abroad in London, but did not find it here in the US until recently. These are amazing because their gel formula allows for them to write smoothly, but they also erase really well – better than any other erasable pen I’ve tried. The trick with these is to allow the ink to fully dry (only takes a few seconds) before erasing. One thing I did notice was that they run out of ink faster than most gel pens. They come in a bunch of colors though I tend to prefer writing in black or pink, and there’s also a version with caps instead of the clicker if that’s more your style. Definitely check these out if you’re prone to making mistakes when writing, I highly recommend these for writing in daily planners.
6. Los Angeles, California: Oh Los Angeles, how much I missed it and thankfully I spent a few days this month in the city of angels (and sunshine). I haven’t been to California in general for a few years now, but I don’t forget how much I actually love being there. It was a great few days filled with exploring different parts of Los Angeles and enjoying the much warmer weather. Check out my LA photo diary post here.
7. Netflix: In general Netflix is great and after being subscribed for several years I can honestly say it’s amazing (always a fave) and highly recommend it. In recent years, Netflix has started to release their own series/movies and they all have been pretty good. Recently they released a drama series titled “The Crown” and it’s one of the most beautifully shot shows I’ve ever seen. It’s a fiction based drama about the British royal family and Queen Elizabeth II’s reign in the UK. They have also started reviving past series which are no longer on TV, most recently “Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life”. If you do not know “Gilmore Girls” is my all-time favorite TV show so when this was announced a few months ago I was ecstatic and luckily it did not disappoint. It continued the story that ended unexpectedly in 2007 with the original cast and left the hard-core fans with their jaws on the floor with the famous ‘last-four words’. One can only hope that this will continue with a second season, but if not it was definitely worth the nine year wait.
Be sure to let me know a few of your November favorites in the comments below!