Hello September! It’s crazy to think summer is basically over, where did the time go (said every person at the end of each month lol)! August was a month filled with favorites; I haven’t had these many in a while. Here they are, hope you discover something new!
1. Laura Geller Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator in Gilded Honey: I’ve had this for a while, but since I rarely wear highlighter I had never actually used it. Then recently I wanted a shimmery eyeshadow and found this in my collection and immediately wondered why I didn't pick this up before. It's a shimmery product without having chunks of glitter, works great as both a highlighter and eyeshadow.
2. MILK Makeup Lip Color in C.R.E.A.M: A sample of this lipstick was included in a previous Birchbox and I thought the color would be too light for me, but it turns out it works great under many of my darker nude lipglosses. If used in a light-patting motion it also works as a nice soft matte light nude lipstick. The packaging is also very convenient for applying on the go. I did find the formula to be a bit drying, but all you need is a good lip balm and you’re good to go.
3. Covergirl Katy Kat Matte Lipstick: I picked up a few of these up at the drugstore and found myself wearing them on most days, they were easy to wear and I loved the colors (my two faves are Catoure and Kitty Pury). The formula is both hydrating and creamy, which makes them comfortable and non-drying. I did have to reapply it more often than other matte lipsticks, but that was not a deal breaker for me.
4. Cinema Secrets Makeup Brush Cleaner (travel size): I’ve been using this spot brush cleaner for a couple years now, so I knew it was already amazing but recently they changed the packaging for their travel size and it was honestly the best decision they have ever made. Before the travel brush cleaner used to come in a spray bottle, which seems practical except that the nozzle on the bottle always stopped working after a couple uses. It would either stop spraying, start leaking, or the small part that makes sure the spray dispense evenly would come off – it was the worst. I recently was in Sephora and noticed at the checkout line of doom that they had repackaged the product into a small bottle with the tin (the tin is used to pour the liquid in and dip your brushes) and I couldn’t have been more ecstatic. The product itself is amazing, it cleans brushes leaving them dry with a vanilla scent and ready to use.
5. Algenist Sublime Defense Ultra Lightweight UV Defense Fluid SPF 50: This is hands down the best facial sunscreen I have ever used. I have oily skin and find it difficult to wear sunscreen that doesn’t leave me feeling like a grease ball or leave a white cast on my darker skin tone. This is a lightweight sunscreen that goes on perfectly over the top of your moisturizer, it doesn’t feel like you’re wearing sunscreen at all, and it works under makeup. The high SPF and soft matte finish is what sold me on this product. It also contains alguronic acid which is great for anti-aging.
6. Bad Moms Movie: Truly one of the funniest movies I’ve seen in awhile. I went to watch it with my sister and the entire theater was constantly hysterically laughing. The three leading ladies are already funny on their own and together they are just hilarious. Also one of my favorite Youtube content creators (Lilly Singh aka IISuperwomanII) makes a small cameo which is pretty cool. If you’re in need of a good laugh I highly suggest watching this movie, click here to see the trailer.
7. Halsey Badlands Tour: I started listening to Halsey earlier this year and quickly became a massive fan. When I found out she was having the last concert of her Bandlands Tour in Madison Square Garden I knew I had to be there. It was one of the best concerts I have ever attended; everything from the energy to the amazing performance made it an unforgettable experience. The crowd was wild and as invested in embracing Halsey’s undeniable musical talent as Halsey was to share her art with us. The most beautiful thing was that you can tell she was in awe just as much as we were to be there. Her special guest were The Chainsmokers, they performed their hit single Closer (which I’m currently obsessed with) and the crowd went crazy. August 13th, 2016 will go down as the day that I attended one of the most amazing concerts and had the time of my life. Also a huge thanks to my friend Brittany for getting us great seats and being there to scream and dance with me all night long! If you haven’t already, checkout Halsey’s album here.