April was quite the exciting month; I traveled to a couple of new places (photo diaries coming soon), finally made it to Coachella, and discovered some great beauty products. And though April was great, I’m looking forward to many exciting things in May - one being both of my little sisters graduating from college! But before I get carried away with the excitement of May, here’s a look at my April favorites:
1. Tarte Tarteist Pro To Go Amazonian Clay Palette: Already being a huge fan of the Tarlette Tease Palette, I knew I had to pick this one up and of course now I’m completely obsessed! It’s the perfect mix of metallic and matte shades and essential for travelling (it’s the only eye shadow palette I took with me on my recent trip to the west coast). There will be an in-depth review about this palette on the blog later this week, but for now I’ll just say it’s a must have!
2. Origins Out of Trouble 10 Minute Mask To Rescue Problem Skin: I went to Coachella and after a few days in the desert my skin definitely needed some help; that’s where this mask comes in. I had never tried this before but decided to pick up a travel sized version before my trip and I’m really glad I did. The mask contains zinc oxide, sulfur, and camphor which gives it the consistency of a typical clay mask but with a slight cooling sensation. It removes dead cells and targets the troubled areas without irritating the skin in just ten minutes. It’s a super quick, but effective treatment that leaves your skin feeling soft and refreshed.
3. Clinique Pep-Start HydroBlur Moisturizer: I’ve been searching for a new moisturizer for a while, though I still love the Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief moisturizer (I’ve raved about it here and here), I wanted to try something new. I received a sample of this in the Sephora Play subscription box and immediately purchased the full sized product. It does exactly what it promises - provides moisture, blurs imperfections, and has a matte finish. At first it seems as if the moisturizer might be too thick for combination/oily skin, but once applied you noticed how lightweight it actually is. I will definitely be repurchasing this product.
4. “How to Be a Bawe: A Guide to Conquering Life” by Lilly Singh: Just in case you don’t know who Lilly Singh is, she’s better known as YouTube content creator that makes comedy videos and does a million other things (and I’m a huge fan); she’s overall an amazing human. Lilly has this work ethic and energy to get things done that is extremely contagious in the best way possible. While the videos on her main channel will make you laugh until you have tears streaming down your face, it’s the videos on her second channel where she vlogs her daily life that I find the most inspiring. In her daily vlogs you see how she actually tries to make best out of any situation and learns from her mishaps. Her book puts all her advice, not tips and tricks, but actual strategies on how to work to not only achieve your goals but conquer them - all with a sprinkling of her sense of humor. I believe everyone should read this book at some point, but especially if you’re lacking motivation or just need a little push. It has honestly helped me be more productive in so many ways and I could not recommend this book enough!
5. Coachella: I’ve been wanting to attend Coachella for ages and this year I finally made it! It was an amazing three days filled with music, food, sunshine, flash tattoos, and lots of sand/dust. The whole experience was exciting (and very tiring), I share my snapshots of the festival here.
Be sure to let me know what your April favorites were in the comments below and what you’re look forward to the most in the month of May.