Have not done a favorites post in quite a while, so you’re in for a treat! I’m sharing my July picks along with a few things that have been favorites these past months. I have included a bit of everything (beauty, hair, music, etc.) and I’m excited to share my thoughts with you. Also, can we talk about how summer is pretty much over! Can’t believe this season is almost over, but I’m definitely enjoying all the hot weather days while they are still here. But without further or do, here are my faves:
1. L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara: My absolute favorite beauty product is mascara, I have an arsenal of holy grails; however I’m constantly searching for the ‘next best formula’. It just so happens that I found my next new fave at the drug store. This mascara reminds me a lot of the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara in the packaging and brush, however I think the formula is slightly better on this mascara. The formula is thick but not heavy, it’s easy to layer (just a couple of coats and you’ll see a massive difference) and the best part is that it doesn’t transfer and it’s easy to remove (there is a waterproof version available). Definitely grab a tube of this magic mascara next time you’re at the drug store, I’m sure it will quickly become one of your favorites!
2. Madam C.J. Walker Beauty Culture Scent & Shine Coconut Oil: I received a sample of this hair oil in a previous Sephora Play box and immediately fell in love with the scent. It’s a lightweight oil that provides moisture and shine while leaving a heavenly scent on the hair. I use it after I finish blow drying and flat ironing my hair, I put a dime size amount on my hands and smooth it from mid-length to the ends of my hair. I also recently tried their conditioner and I think I might be obsessed with this hair product brand!
3. Yankee Candle in Cotton Candy: For me candles are a home essential. I usually go for scents that are on the sweeter side of the spectrum, but I had never found a candy scented candle that can actually pass as actual candy until this one. The cotton candy candle by Yankee Candle smells as if you were sniffing cotton candy, just heavenly. Yankee Candles are known for their high quality and burning longevity which made this candle extra special. The only downside is that I’m pretty sure this candle was limited edition, I found it in TJ Maxx and it was not listed on their site. Needless to say I went back to TJ Maxx and bought all the ones that were in stock! If you ever come across this candle give it a sniff, trust me it will take you back to your childhood.
4. Lorac Alter Ego Hydrating Lip Stain: Lip stains are great, but they can be drying on the lips. When I saw the word ‘hydrating’ on this product I knew I had to pick this up. In my opinion this is very similar to a lipstick except a bit longer lasting. The formula is creamy and nourishing for the lips while a stain like color is left on the lips. The shades range from nudes to deep plum hues, all very opaque and comfortable to wear. I have it in the shade ‘comedienne’ and it has been my everyday lip color for over a month. The one drawback to this product is the packaging. The bullet is this beautiful dark silver metal color, but the cap does not stay on properly. I’m not sure if mine is just defective or if they are all this way, but I’m constantly reaching into my bag and finding that the cap is not on the lipstick. However I like the formula so much that I’ll give the packaging a pass.
5. NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer: Everyone knows my obsession with the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer (I wear the shade Caramel); I’ve been wearing it for years and it is hands down my all-time favorite concealer. The only problem I have with it is the product finishes quite quickly, so when this version in a pot was release I was beyond ecstatic! I’ll be completely honest and say that at first it did not work for me, I felt it looked heavy on my skin and didn’t blend properly. After giving it a proper try with brushes and make up sponges, I found this product works best when blending it with your fingertips. I use a brush to get it from the pot on to my skin, then my fingers to blend it in – the warmth of your skin really allows the product to melt seamlessly into the skin. This concealer has a higher coverage and slightly thicker consistency, but it’s definitely not cakey or heavy. The best part is in the time I’ve been using this concealer I would have gone through two of the Radiant Creamy concealers and I’m still not even half way through! Highly recommend this, especially for people with oily and combination skin.
6. Hopeless Fountain Kingdom album by Halsey: Halsey’s 2nd album was released back in June and it’s honestly been on repeat ever since. I’m a huge Halsey fan so I was anticipating the release of her second album for a while now and was definitely not disappointed. She has such a unique sound that attracts you to her music; her lyrics are both honest and heartfelt which enables such a strong connection between her music and her audience. A few of my favorite tracks (though they are all incredible) are “100 Letters”, “Heaven in Hiding”, “Alone”, and “Hopeless”. If you haven’t listened to it yet, definitely go check it out – I promise you won’t regret it!
7. Prada Candy L’eau Fragrance: I am familiar with the Prada Candy fragrance collection, however as much as I love sweet smells I found these to be a bit too sweet for me, well that’s until I smelled this one. I spent a weekend visiting one of my good friends and forgot my fragrance and she had this one on hand and I immediately fell in love and went out to purchase the full size. It is sweet yet not over powering, more on the subtle side of the sweet spectrum. It does tend to wear off during the day, but I don’t mind adding a couple of spritz as the day goes by. The bottle is sleek and feminine yet simple; I adore the black top with soft light pink trim. When you’re at a fragrance counter be sure to give it a try.
Hope you discovered something new or just enjoyed this post! Be sure to let me know what some of your favorites are in the comments below.